Hacktoberfest 2024 - Project Lists

Hi All,

In the event of Hacktoberfest, have collated some project ideas of my interest from GitHub - KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas: A Place to write down the project ideas and to plan them and some of our fellow mates.

Here’s the list,

Coding

1. Tholkappiam: kanchilug / TamilRulepy · GitLab

2. Quiz App: Quiz app for meetup and conference · Issue #217 · KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas · GitHub - GitHub - KaniyamFoundation/quiz_app: Quiz Application for community meetups

3. Foss Event Aggregator: GitHub - HariharanUmapathi/foss-event-aggregator: FOSS Event Aggregator

4. Telegram Bot to Send Quiz: GitHub - syedjaferk/psquizmaster

5. EBook to Read the Docs or Pandoc: Convert epub files to static HTML sites · Issue #70 · KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas · GitHub

6. QuickWikiEditor: GitHub - BhuvanaMeenakshiK/QuickWikiEditor: This Repo contains WebExtension port of QuickwikiEditor, make quickwikieditor Firefox to work with latest firefox · Issue #25 · KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas · GitHub

Scraping & Data Collection:

1. Tamil Corpus Download: Catalogue and collect all public domain Tamil corpus and it on github and archive.org · Issue #21 · KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas · GitHub

2. Hand writing recognition for tamil: Hand writing recognition for tamil · Issue #22 · KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas · GitHub

3. Book Metadata Scraping: Scrap the site and get books list · Issue #124 · KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas · GitHub

Book Writing & Reviewing

1. Self Hosting Tamil Book: GitHub - ThangaAyyanar/self-hosting-tamil-book: Book about self hosting in tamil language

2. Book Translation in Tamil: Translate Beej's Guides (Tech books) to tamil · Issue #218 · KaniyamFoundation/ProjectIdeas · GitHub

5 Likes

As Next Steps,

1. Would require your help to populate your project ideas with an initial git repo and requirements and share the same. For Reference: GitHub - KaniyamFoundation/quiz_app: Quiz Application for community meetups

2. Will be creating repos for the project list mentioned above.

I have registered hacktober 2024 after registration only my pull request / merges is counted in between Oct 1 - Oct 31 right ?

Yes

more ideas shared by @tshrinivasan

how can I participate to the open-tamil javascript contribution. Doesn’t have any repositories for that

I have started porting the open-tamil python library to PHP

Any suggestions and recommendations can be raised as a issues

1 Like