We are planning to start a Clojure Book Club
- Lisp dialect
- Functional programming
- Immutable data structures
- Solving problems in it, so much FUN (REPL Driven Development).
Advantage of Clojure
- You can write both Frontend and Backend in clojure
Where clojure is used?
- Netflix, Go-jek, Walmart, ThoughtWorks, Facebook, eBay, Apple, Amazon.
More on: Clojure - Companies
- Web Development
- Data Analysis
- Scripting (Babashka)
- Mobile Development (Clojure on top of Reactive Native)
Day: 26-Feb-2023 (Sunday)
Time: Evening @ 4:00 PM
- We will be referring multiple books, based on the topics
- Clojure for the Brave and True (Foreword | Clojure for the Brave and True)
- Clojure by Example
- Clojure's Core Library | ClojureDocs - Community-Powered Clojure Documentation and Examples
- GitHub - clojure-cookbook/clojure-cookbook: This is the home of O'Reilly's Clojure Cookbook - http://clojure-cookbook.com
- Ultimate REPL guide
Would you like any help?
- Spread the word, If anyone wants to experience a different way to solve a program.
What do we get?
- Why LISP based languages are so loved by programmers
- Functional programming paradigms which can we used in other programming language
- Knowledge you learn from this can be used in other lisp dialects like elisp, scheme, common lisp,…
Stay tuned to kanchilug mailing list for updates…