ERROR: 'Could not open root directory: [14] not found' I got this error from the initial stage of installing Linux mint

I went to boot menu and select my USB then I got this screen. I don’t know why this happening. I’m new to Linux and also to this community. Can anyone help me how to solve this.

Bro you need to disable secure boot on your pc.To do this u need goto bios navigate to boot menu under boot select secure boot disable it. To figure how to do so simply press f2 on pc startup youll enter bios menu

Hii @Guru_prasath I followed ur instructions. And I got this.

I’m not sure but It seems the secure boot is already disabled. I scroll down and seen some other options like below.

New users can’t insert more than one image in single reply. That’s y I did 3 replies.:grin:

I just click one option ‘Erase all secure boot settings’ and I got this red color popup,

I didn’t do anything. Just skip and exit from boot manager. What to do now.

Is fast boot enabled check it bro and try changing boot priority or boot order in bios like that it might allow you to boot the usb which contains mint

இந்த சிக்கல் தொடர்கின்றதா என்று கூறவும்.

ஆம், இன்னும் சரி ஆகவில்லை. மேற்கண்ட முதல் screenshot இல் உள்ளது போலவே காட்டுகிறது.

நான் download செய்தது: Linux mint cinnamon v.21

தாங்கள் எப்படி லினக்ஸ் மிண்ட் பெண்டிரைவை உருவாக்கினீர்கள்? என்ன வகை மென்பொருளை பயன்படுத்தி லினக்ஸ் மிண்ட் பெண்டிரைவை உருவாக்கினீர்கள்?

Ok. First I downloaded the iso from official Linux mint website. And I boot it in my pendrive using Rufus application. I didn’t change any settings in rufus. That’s all.

Rufus பயன்படுத்துவதை தவிற்கவும். கீழே உள்ள மென்பொருளை பயன்படுத்தி உங்கள் பெண்டிரைவை உருவாக்கவும்.

பின் உருவாக்கிய பெண்டிரைவை வைத்து பூட் செய்ய முயற்சிக்கவும். அப்போது மீண்டும் இதே சிக்கல் வந்தால் இங்கே கூறவும்.

1 Like

இந்த சிக்கல் தொடர்கின்றதா என்று கூறவும்.

i have planned to postpone the idea of installing linux mint. because of having some works right now. i’ll let you know if it works when i install. thank you.

and onemore doubt @mohan43u . can i ask programming related questions here…?

தாராலமாக கேட்கலாம். அந்த புரோக்கராமிங் லேங்குவேஜ் ஓப்பன் சோர்சாக இருக்குமாறு பார்த்துக்கொள்ளவும்.

1 Like