How to delete windows permanently from dual boot?

I am using windows and linux in dual boot. I want to delete Windows. Can someone help me with this?

எதை பற்றி கேட்கின்றீர்கள்? சற்று வரிவாக கூறவும். தாங்கள் கேட்டுள்ள கேள்விக்கும் பகிர்ந்திருக்கும் நிழற்படத்திற்கும் என்ன தொடர்பு?

I don’t have tamil keyboard at the moment. Pardon me for using English in our tamil community.

I have dual boot of linux and windows and the picture is the linux version that I use in my 32 bit laptop.
I wish to permanently delete windows alone and keep linux as such. I don’t want any of my data to be lost.

தாங்கள் வைத்துள்ளது 64 பிட் லேப்டாப், 32 பிட் அல்ல.

விண்டோசை நீக்கினால் அதில் உள்ள கோப்புகள் அழியத்தான் செய்யும். அவற்றை வேறு எங்கேனும் பத்திரப்படுத்திவிட்டு பிறகு விண்டோசை நீக்கவும்.

1 Like

This is amma laptop sir. I am sure its 32 bit. And also I can access windows local disks here in my linux. I just want to keep these files in two New Volumes. But only want to delete the windows and 52 GB volume(local disk C of my windows). Can you please help me with this?

@mohan43u
Hi now I clearly understand what you were trying to say yesterday sir. I have backed up my data in a hard disk. 32 bit and 64 bit are depends on OS. Now I have to entirely delete the dual boot (both windos and linux and need to install only linux). My laptop specification is 2 gb RAM, Intel pentium processor. Which version of Linux can I install and how to do it?

PS: I have 32 gb pendrive and another laptop to download and make the pendrive bootable.

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

@mohan43u How to delete the existing dual boot of wnindows and linux?

விண்டோஸ் மற்றும் லினக்ஸ் இரண்டிலும் உள்ள முக்கிய தகவல்களை வேறு எங்காவது பேக்கப் எடுத்து வைத்து விடுங்கள். பிறகு லினக்சில்,

ctrl-alt-t கொடுத்து வரும் டெர்மினலில்

lsblk

என்பதை கொடுத்து வரும் தகவலை பகிரவும்.

@mohan43u This is what I get sir

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=4096 count=512

இந்த கமாண்டை கொடுக்கவும். கொடுத்து பிறகு ரீபூட் செய்தால் தங்கள் கணினியில் எந்த ஒரு இயங்குதளமும் இருக்காது.

இந்த கமாண்டை இயக்குவதுற்கு முன் எல்லா தேவையான கோப்புகளையும் பேக்கப் எடுத்துவிட்டோமா என்று உறுதி படுத்திவிட்டு இயக்கவும். இந்த கமாண்டை இயக்கியபின் எந்த ஒரு கோப்பையும் தங்களால் திரும்ப பெற இயலாது.

@mohan43u Yes sir. Deleted dual boot from my laptop. Thanks. Will try and install linux mint and ping you if any doubts.

வெற்றிகரமாக Linux mint 21 Xfceயை எனது மடிக்கணினியில் நிறுவல் செய்துவிட்டேன். @mohan43u தங்கள் உதவிக்கு மிக்க நன்றி.

@mohan43u …Linux mint 21 Xfce நிறுவிய பிறகு ஒலிபெருக்கி இயங்கவில்லை. இதை எப்படி சரி செய்வது?
Headset ல் கேட்கிறது. Speakers மட்டும் இயங்கவில்லை.

இக்கேள்வியை தனியே ஒரு தலைப்பில் கேட்கவும்.